2005-02-21

Firefox × Flash security hole?

Hmm. My Firefox 1.0 lets through mouse clicks in my advogato tab to the flash game running in its own tab. When clicking places in my advogato tab where the game tab had a widget, I hear the characteristic clicking noise evoked by the game. I wonder if there's a bugzilla ticket on this yet.

...Well, now there is, anyway. (It also seems bug id:s have more than doubled in the almost three years that passed since my first and prior issue was registered.)

Upon closer inspection, that's hardly a mozilla issue at all, since XEmacs and Photoshop exhibit the same behaviour. Oh, well, now it's reported to the hopefully security minded engineers at Macromedia too.

And thank god for Google to totally bypass the many tightly woven webs of frustration on icky corporate websites to get to where you want to go. I tried to find that page unaidedly at first, and was very close to dying in the process. Never again.
Categories:
blog comments powered by Disqus